1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Horst Snow Wing Owners

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CAT420DITPLOWER, Oct 18, 2013.

CAT420DITPLOWER Junior Member
    from Ottawa

I'm looking for some people that are currently running Horst snow wing blades. I'm about to buy one for my Cat 420 Backhoe, and wanted to ask some questions to current owners to get feedback. Looking at either a 9-15 or 10-16 4200 series. PM me if you can help answer....

CAT420DITPLOWER Junior Member
    from Ottawa

Just found out I can't use PM function yet as i'm a newer member. So i'll lay out my initial questions here that can be answered on the forum.
    1.Anybody using these in residental application? I have a mix of both for contracts...
    2.If I extend out to the full 16', can a backdrag successfully the 16', or will the wings give a crappy backdrag?
    3.Experiances with running trying to keep blade/wings at proper level to prevent wearing badly?
    4.Average life expectancy....for cutting edge, and other parts that may need replacing.
    5.What speeds are safe to run it at, Manual says 15mph/24kmh....what are real world safe experiances.
    6.Any problems or experiances with these blades that may help me in preventing something.
  3. fendt716

fendt716 Member
    from nw nj

Go to advanced search and enter hla snow wing look at my post and others.as wings wear back drag will get streaker.on loader hard to keep level so more wear on skids and cutting edges lots more on wings. Your either toe forward or back. One season switch back to front 3pth. Wing edges yearly plow edges every 2 or 3. I would look at the other 2 co. rigs also.
  4. thatstherule

thatstherule Junior Member
    from Waukee

If you are looking for an HLA, I have three for sale. 2 - SB3200W914 and 1 - SB4200W1218.