1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Horst snow wing for a wheel loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bubba11, Jan 19, 2011.

1. bubba11

bubba11 Member
    from usa

i would like some opinions from any body thats had some experience with a horst 4000 series snow wing i was wondering if they are built heavy enought to put on a 130 horsepower 25,000lb wheel loader horst brochures say it is ok but it is at the upper limit and i would like some imput from somebody with some actual experience i have found a used 4000 series and i like the price better than a new 5000 series just wondering if it would hold up to a loader that size in the real world

2. schrader

schrader PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 10-16 4000 series on a 6420, it has been a good blade but I have a slight bend in one wing. I think the 5000 series would be a better choice for a 25,000 lbs loader. When it comes to snowplows there is no such thing as to strong.