1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Horst 5000 Series hyd endplate assembly

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DellDoug, Oct 30, 2009.

1. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Well we are building our first of a few 5000 series blades here in the shop. These will use a 24 volt diverter valve for use on our 521E Case loaders. Hope you enjoy the buildup. This is not a snow wing but with pop up end plates so you have either a power angel blade or containment plow. These work really well on a loader.

P1020020.JPG

P1020021.JPG

P1020023.JPG

P1020029.JPG

P1020030.JPG

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  2. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

looks great...cant wait to see some action pics

3. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

So Doug, you guys are making these in your shop? I assume so as they look a little different than the Horst style I saw here. If that's the case, kudos on a wonderful job.:salute: You have some talented people working with you.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure if you need another one but I have a 5000 series 16ft that has only plowed 2 winters and it's like brand new. I've never even flipped the cutting edge yet that I'd sell for 6.5k. It has Global quick tach though.

5. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

why are they pop up wings to containment and not side wings to containment? too wide?
    do you have any step by step sort of pics?
    steve

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

They bought the blade from Horst and are assembling it.

7. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Ahhhhh, thanks Dave. Still looks like it wil be an impressive & efficient set-up. :salute:

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it is, if you notice the wings are spring loaded and that lets you push flush to a curb or allows the end plate to spring back back if you hit anything.

9. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Yep all the parts are made by Horst and we are just assembling the units in our shop. It is a little bit tricky because of the 24 volt system plus we like to do this type of work on our own so we can trouble shoot problems in the future. In this application we didn't want to have a plow with fold back wings. We wanted a plow that would work as a reversable for smaller areas and for winging snow in driveways as well as the blade be able to close down for containment in open areas and work like a power angle snow pusher for around islands and wide open spaces.

Dave sounds like a nice plow. What is the hook up/m,ount for it? 12 volt or 24 valve or is mechanical for a tractor?

BTW sorry we didn't get back to you a few days ago as we have been a little busy but after some thought we are going to pass on the rear blade idea (although thanks for asking us to have a look). We are probably going to liquidate the last of our agricultural tractor fleet next summer and therfore futher investment makes no sense.

I will have some more pics in a day or two.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's setup for an agricultural tractor. No problem Doug I knew you were busy and have heard through the grapevine the farm tractors havn't stood up that well for you.

11. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Well we finished them off last week. Finally had a little time to post the pics.

P1020033.JPG

P1020035.JPG

P1020037.JPG

P1020039.JPG

P1020040.JPG

12. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

looks like a money maker to me :nod:nice stuff DOUG:drinkup:

13. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Thanks we hope they make money too. If we can eliminate a secondary unit and do the whole job with one then it will be well worth it. tymusic

14. snow white

snow white Member

got any pics of it

15. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Sorry pics of what?

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks Doug because of your thread I sold my blade to a guy in Mn. The valve for a 24 volt loader was only $750 so that sealed the deal.:drinkup:

17. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Hey that is great. I am so glad it worked out for you. Glad I could help. Your blade was a good deal but it was just a little big for us in the smaller areas where we want to use these blades. So how much commmission do I get?? LOL!!! :laughing:

How about a beer sometime?

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Cheques in the mail. :D:drinkup: I like beer.