1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Horst 10-16 SnowWing, Ebling backblade and John Deere 3720 with blower & drop salter

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Triple L, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

very nice! hows the 906 treating ya? i had to go pick up a battery at Ohio Cat, and was checking out the 906 & 908's they had there, but i really liked the it14 and 966!

3. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

The 906 and the Horst is a cool toy! I'm not too far away from you,I just saw your Go plow entry video on youtube and I thought it was really good. Just thought I'd let you know. You're still 23, or 24?

4. Triple L

from Canada

The 906 has been treating me real well... Had a little problem with the radio but as soon as they realized was under warranty they had a new one for me the next day! Pretty happy with it soo far!

Smokey - Im down in waterdown everynow and then, get alot of stuff from connons, im still 23 until next september LOL

5. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

What kind of loader is that? Couldnt read it in the video. The 3720 setup is sweet! How do you like the drop spreader? What kind of lights are you leaving on all the time on the spreader? Its nice and bright!

6. wislxer

wislxer Member

What happened to the v-plow and inverted on the 3720?

Why the change to the front mount?

Nice stuff. That cat and horst seem like the perfect commercial combo.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  7. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Whats all that white stuff?

J.

8. Triple L

from Canada

Its a Cat 906H, with about 180 hours on it now... bought it in the spring...

Those lights are rigid industries dually d2's... best lights in the world IMO... its honestly like daylight back there

The epoke drop salter works great! Of course, its an epoke

Got out of the residential nonsense that this just made sense... Plow and salt all in 1 pass

The cat and horst are the perfect combo, the deere and blower and salter are by far everyones favorite, the operator simply loves the setup and couldnt be happier with it...

Will post some movies of hauling snow with the high dump tomarrow :drinkup:

9. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Congratulations for doing so well at a young age! We get a lot of stuff from Connons too, why come all this way to get stuff from there?

10. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Well congrats on the new cat and the new setup for the 3720!! Ill have to look into the rigid indus. for lights.

11. Triple L

from Canada

Thanks, Waterdowns only a half hour drive... I can get stuff at Connons for a third what i can buy it for here... The product quality, size and savings make the choice very simple...

12. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Oh I see, gotcha. Have you guys been out yet, or has it just been salt?

13. Triple L

from Canada

14. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Nice rig. Love the shovel placement.

15. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

those lights are super bright...ur running two of them? I'm looking for a nice set of lights right now, are they worth 399?

16. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I don't enjoy watching many of the video's posted on plowsite because they are not that exciting, but this was actually a nice vid!
    I imaging you're enjoying plowing with the new Cat? There's nothing like the manuverability of a compact wheel loader. Glad it's working out...

17. Triple L

from Canada

Which ones are you talking about? the backup lights on the pickup are rigid industries dually d2's... I swear its literally like daylight back there... IMO worth every single penny I paid! Best lights ever, I'll be putting them on my other pickup and I'm throwing around the idea of putting them on the loader as well... Get the D2's and you wount be disappointed... save up for them and dont cheap out and by a cheaper brand cause I've seen lots of other led's and have been disappointed with all of them...

For the beacon lights we run Whelen amber and blue all in 1's... You can see them in most of my other videos... Very happy with the beacon as well... I read about people being mad u cant see led beacons in the daytime and the awnser to that is you get what you pay for...

Thanks soo much!
    I only got about an hour and a half in on the loader myself personally as far as snow goes... We've done 3 full pushes, me and the operator werent very fond of the horst on the first push but we got it all figured out now and are very happy with it right now! The Cat's been great! Quiet, comfortable, powerful, quick and the visability compared to a pickup is unreal... That being said I still enjoy running the truck and I leave the equipment for my employee's...:drinkup:

18. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

It's pretty hard to beat the visibility of a tractor or loader, and really hard to beat the manoeuvring of a loader.

I'm really looking forward to hearing how that loader handles things when we get a big push.

19. snocrete

snocrete Banned

X's 2

While I personally would rather run equipment than a truck, its hard to do sometimes.... Your equip looks great! Good variety, and highly productive combinations. Congrats.

20. Triple L

from Canada

my kids size tractor blowing back some snowbacks to make way for a chainlink fence...

I dont care what anyone says, the 3720 has wayy too much power and is impossible to bog... This was the first time I drove the tractor with the new blower and salter and actually used it myself and lets say I was pretty impressed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyr0S_guEuY