1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

horn problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wag, Oct 11, 2004.

1. wag

wag Junior Member

I have a 2000 1500 and I am blowing fuses when I blow the horn. Has this been a common problem with this truck? Do I need to deactivate the air bag to remove the horn cover to get to the switch or do I start looking somewhere else first?
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I would check the wires to and at the horn to make sure they arent shorting out somewhere and disconnect the horns and see if the fuse blows with them disconnected before you get into the steering column. As for disabling the air bags, Oh Yeah, short out just the right wire and its going off in your face.
  3. massbowtie

massbowtie Member

the horns fill up with water

had mine replaced under warranty.if you only give the horn a quick blast it didnt blow the fuse.got cut off hard one day and blasted the horn and it blew the fuse.anyway they were full of water,dealer fixed it.
  4. wag

wag Junior Member

I'll check for water before getting into the wiring. Your problem sounds like mine. Thanks
  5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Could be a bad ground on the horn itself...Rob