1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hoping to buy Truck, but have some ?'s

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Newdude, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Hello. I am not really "new" to the biz, but am ready to get "in" to in within the next year or two. I have been looking for a truck but still have my permit, but should have license before next plowing season, so I should hopefully be ready. I was looking at some ex. govt. trucks and have some questions. First, I found a few mint military blazers with the 6.2 diesel and very low miles, also an ex. govt K20 diesel, also in good cond.. How hard would it be too find a plow and can i register a truck like that on the road?

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Those are basically the same trucks as the civ versions. Just that they are all stripped down, and camo. The blazers have the weak 10 bolts. If you can find the Military TMP (K30) Pickup that will have a strong dana 60 front, and a 14 bolt rear. Both of them have the turbo 400 tranny if I remember right, but I may be wrong on the Blazer having it.

Any plow that would bolt on the same yr Chevy would work, you could find one at any plow dealer you wanted. (or craigslist/ebay)

Also, if you buy from the military they will provide you with a bill of sale, and a form(cant remember the number) that you can take to the DMV to get a normal title.

I just heard of a place selling humvees minus the motor/tranny for about $3500--- now that would be a sweet plower!

3. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

thanks. i did happen to find a K30 on ebay with a meyer 7.5 plow.