1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hoping for some help - headlight harness WESTERN

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by eric_mc, Oct 22, 2009.

1. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

Tried in the Western forum - not much luck there - thought since they are pretty much similar plows, I would try here.

I have a Western Unimount - used - with a used harness. Hooked everything up - plow works fine, controller fine. Lights work fine on truck. When I plug in harness - ALL the lights come on (truck and plow side) which of course, blows the fuse. So I replace the relays (thinking they are faulty) - still, all the lights come on. For some reason the truck lights are not turning off.....relays are good....what else could this be?

Was thinking the only other thing it could be was if the plugs from the truck to the plow were bad and I was not getting a ground which would keep the relay from kicking on....

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

What make and year truck and what cross harness #?

3. eric_mc

eric_mc Member

Ford F150, 2005. I will have to get the cross harness#....the harness was used, so I am not sure if there number is even still on the thing.

I am thinking the problem might be with the grounding on the motor solonoid - I have seen 3 different ways to do it with varying grounding options...

EDIT - also thinking I might be a Chevy harness (with proper adaptors for lights).

plow5.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009