1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hopefully the last of it

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by elitelandscape, Apr 5, 2003.

1. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

I'm sorry to say this but i'm tired of plowing snow we just keep getting pounded. I know it's good for business but landscaping is fun to. They are calling for a foot of snow here, we have about 3 inches on the ground now.
    I pitty all the guys who have seasonal contracts i would say they are all losing money. I know of 3 places which aren't small that are going out of business after this year. last year we plowed 6 times this year we are in the 20's.
    One owner was plowing driveways for $165.00 and he has plowed residentals 19 times that's about $8.60 per plow. and it's suppose to snow all week.

I was doing spring clean-ups (sweeping parking lots) on apr 3 last year. This year we have approx 3 to 4 feet on the ground an more to come. i would have to say it's gonna flood. The ski hills are still open for peat sakes last year was done march 6. I was talking to the owner of the ski hill he said they still have a base of 6 feet or more. He doesn't expect to close down until may which is a record in 60 years of the hill being open.

Well i'm off

2. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Was looking through my log book for last year So I know how you feel:(

April 5-8 doing clean-ups and pruning tree's, april 10 did another cleanup
    Middle of April went on vacation with the family to Fla. (did the sea world, disney, universal stuff.)While my brother was doing still more clean-ups while i was gone.

While I was down there they had hotter temps in NY then Fla. was getting so came back to grass that was ready to be cut.Started into that as soon as i got home.