1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hopefully problems only come in 3's

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Well we got our first winter blast, it wasn't a lot of snow (about 3 or so inches) but like a lot of guys I waited until the night before to get things going. We planned on doing 4 fall clean ups on Saturday so I was busy doing that (lawn care stuff). Well I hook up the plow, it works fine until I angle left and right, found the right side angle cylinder leaking all over so I replaced the seals in both. The next day while plowing, my control pad shorts out so I had to replace it with a whole new set up to the tune of $300.00. That night the truck starts shifting funny and hanging up in second gear, well found the tranny low on fluid. I just had it flushed out and I had checked it all over 2 weeks ago. It was only down like 1/2 a pint but hopefully thats all it was.

2. Well I see your problems

Well, I see your problems.....Blue Ovals and Yellow PlowS! NO NO NO NO NO:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

3. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Right on....Chevy and Western...:waving:

4. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Your truck is only ahalf ton dude, and it aint new. Is that the original tranny.

5. frostservices

frostservices Member

I have heard of alot of people haveing trouble right after they change tranny fluid. IK have heard on an older truck your best to not change the fluid not sure if its true just one more case for the books I guess