1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hope we get one more snowstorm.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HALH VT, Mar 22, 2008.

1. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

The snowbanks at most of my accounts got pretty high again, so today I took the wing truck and shelfed the banks on all my long residential drives and private roads. It was really too cold, and the snow didn't want to move worth a darn, but today I had time for it.

If it snows again I will be an astute planner who foresees problems and deals with them before they happen. If it doesn't snow again, then I am a low down scumbag who did unnecessary work just to increase my profits. Which is it going to be???

Usually we get at least one storm during March/early April and it is quite often wet and heavy, and won't roll off the end of the blade easily, especially if there is a high bank to get over. Even if it doesn't snow, I think that the farther away from the road I can push it, the fewer problems the snow will cause when it melts.