1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hope this wasnt anyones plow truck from here

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dshiftff, Dec 12, 2003.

1. dshiftff

dshiftff Junior Member
    from CT

2. IndySnowPlowers

IndySnowPlowers Member
    from Indiana

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...........

Puttin' out the fire on a Hemi powered Ram!

Wow......fully involved fire indeed. Poor guy. Wonder what started it? If the persons whose truck roasted is a plowsite member we'd love to hear what happened. Hope he is ok.

My truck is in flames too.....just a much safer kind.

sideplow.jpg

3. ford250LDMaster

ford250LDMaster Member

looks like a V plow was on there sons.i wonder if the plows for sale:D

4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

looks like a mvp

5. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

Bad plow wiring:nod:

6. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

Funny thing is that the same thing happened here last storm on the same truck but this one was white with a sander on the back. The hydrolic line broke and caught fire

7. capital

capital Senior Member

Since it was a block buster video location it probably means he was plowing for US Maint.................now another reason to avoid US Maint

8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Here ya go, hope no one was hurt !!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

looks like such a nice truck to, all set up with a v-plow. its a shame:(

10. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

Hi all I happen to be a firefighter in the town that happened in the owner was going the bank that is behind the blockbuster store. He works for a local trailer park in town, as far as the plow for sale I got first dibs:D :waving:

11. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

That almost happened to me a few years ago. First time I plowed with my new fisher on my new truck. It had underhood hydrolics and something in the valve body box leaked. Sprayed fluid all over my new engine. Smoke but no flame. the dealer fixed the leak but never did clean up all the mess. That dealer no longer does fisher.

12. Grant

Grant Member

Always a shame to see something go up in flames. Still has a nice utility body and hoist on the back for the new truck!

13. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

I lost my truck this past July due to fire. With all the extra wiring running for the dual batteries, plow, etc a wire somewhere rubbed through and it caught fire. I was lucky to have parked it in the street instead of the driveway by the garage. My auxilary fuel tank did not ignite thank God, I had just filled it and there weren't any fumes to ignite. It was a 1998 Chevy K2500hd. Remember to check your wires for wear as often as you can!

14. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

Guys,

Funny thing is that I live only a town away... I did not hear a thing... but I will see what I can hear.....

But it is a Dodge....

I am glad that nobody got hurt ...

Pete

15. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That's why I have 2 (ABC) five pound fire extinguishers in my truck.
    ( hey they were free, takem their yours)
    If it going to catch on fire it will be me doing it, not some stupid failure. You can put out a bunch of fire with a 5 pounder.
    *Make sure your tranny dip stick is in all the way too. I have seen a few vehicles burn cause of tranny fluid getting on an exhaust manifold.
    *Check the clamps on your tranny cooler lines too, I had one rust out and the line came off. The 12 quarts of fluid sparyed the whole grill with tranny fluid. Looked like I hit a huge deer,red stuff dripping every where! Worse part is the C-6 takes a case of fluid + with the cooler. Who carries 12 quarts with them? Thank god I for my leatherman tool.

16. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Just for info, firefighter will tell you that if you have an under hood fire, be careful opening the hood and have a prop ready. The heat from the fire will take the tension out of the hood springs causing the hood to slam back down.:nono: