1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hope this ain`t so in New England !

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by danno, Nov 17, 2005.

1. danno

danno Senior Member

2. hillndale

hillndale Member
    from Maine

Take it with some "salt"

I don't know. I moved from mid coast maine (where the article is somewhat true) to Southern Maine five years ago & we get way more snow here. Every event seemed it was 6-8 inches and always a couple "foot" or more events. I just got a Honda blower, so I'm expecting to put it good use:drinkup:

H

3. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Screw predictions, they are just like a-holes, everyone has one!

Just be patient and see!

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Sounds correct to me- last year was the 7 year (hard) season, so this should be a milder one. Farmer's almanac agrees with me too. Mostly rain.

5. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

You guys with your negative thinking are killing the rest of us.
    I am hoping that in my area we see at least average snowfall amounts this season.
    But since everyone is so negative I will throw in the fact that I bought a new truck and a new plow so it's pretty much a guarantee that it ain't gonna snow.
    Oh well thank God for seasonal contracts...payup

Jason

6. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

a hole that study

is fore over a century not just for this winter :dizzy:

7. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I try not to listen to ***** like that, although, I can't see this winter being as 'good' as last winter here in NE.

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

yeah there calling for snow on thursday

9. danno

danno Senior Member

Where did you here snow for Thursday? And how much ?

10. PLOWMAN45

wtnh they didnt say but it will be cold

11. danno

danno Senior Member

Do you mean it didn`t say how much ?

12. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

yes yes yes

this is what ther are saying this morn a costal storm wed. be for we travel that their keeping a eye on thats all i heard they dident say snow yet but temps will be in the fortys so you know what that means i never saw it snow when it is forty deg. all we can do is watch and hope for snow .

13. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Predictions, farmers almanac, bla bla blaaaaa...... this is like people saying, oh your wifes belly is round it's going to be a boy...... Well ***** there is a 50/50 chance it will be a boy..... duhh... Same with winter. We will either have a lot of snow or average to little snow. 50/50 chance. If we have a lot of snow and some one read it in a paper they sware by the paper. Don't get me wrong now I want a lot of snow too, I'm just tired of reading what this prediction is compared to that prediction.

*Off topic*
    My 4th kid is 3 months old and my Ole lady is Italian so her family carries those strong beliefs. Every one in her family swore we where having a girl. I told them no I only have 1 girl and the lord doesn't want me to have any more...... It was a boy.... I laughed in every ones face.

14. danno

danno Senior Member

Yeah, those Italians........tell me about `em :angry:

15. PLOWMAN45

yeah its too early

16. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

sorry, but what the H.... are you talikng about????

Last year we got some decent snow,,,, but the previous several years were light. Except for last year, I was starting to think we weren't going to ever get snow again.
    Central Mass is better than Western Mass but in either case I wouldn't call the string of the last 7 years as snowy by any stretch of the imagination.

Not trying to insult you...:waving: :salute:

17. danno

danno Senior Member

Look at what they`re saying about future hurricanes. They go by "cycles". The next 20 years we`re suppose to get intense hurricanes like this season. :eek:

18. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

The worst is when my ole lady and her mom gang up on me over a disagreement! I just can't win....
    Hey I grew up in Stamford. What part are you from?

19. danno

danno Senior Member

Stamford too. Off of High Ridge Rd, behind the A&P.

20. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I never listen to the "weather reports" unless its the day before. They can never seem to be able to predict a solid forecast a week out, let-a-lone an entire season. We were only supposed to get a coating to an inch this week and on Thursday we got 3+ inches, Thanksgiving weekend we are supposed to get a real bad winter storm, yesterday they said significant accumilations up to a couple of feet! Thats awesome but we'll see.