1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hope the plows are different than their salters

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by bdlawncare, Jan 26, 2012.

1. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

I have no experience with snowdog plows however i recently purchashed a snowdog walkbehind spreader, and after only 3 bags its broken... Frame is split, Bad welds and the spinner wont line up since it was new... This thing is a royal peice of crap. Hope noone else has this experience if you have feel free to share..
  2. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

return it yet ?
  3. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Bringing it back tommorow... but have heard stories about these salters from another member on this site... From what i hear not to good!
  4. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

I have a Salt Dogg walk-behind spreader, a Salt Dogg tgsuv-pro tailgate spreader, and a Snow Dogg Md75 plow.

The walk behind spreader is now 2 years old and I have run about about 1 ton of salt through it. Not one problem.

This is the first season for the tailgate spreader and so far I have put almost 2 ton through that with no problems.

The plow is also on its second season and I have not had any problems with it either.

Maybe you just got a lemon, but everything i have purchased from Buyers has been excellent quality and performs as advertised.
  5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Hmm...maybe instead of posting a bunch of threads all over this forum you should've contacted the dealer to see if they would help out at all???:eek:

I owned and ran a Buyers SUV Tailgate salter for 3 years, only problem I ever had with it was the motor went prior to last season. I bought it used and it was an 06 model from what I could tell. $100 for a new motor off ebay and it was fine all season, and I sold it for what I bought it for 3 years earlier.

Now I have a Snowdogg VX95 plow and its been excellent this season. Not 1 fault can be found. And for the money I spent, I have already received excellent support, and additional features that you have to pay extra for by other companys that are already charging MORE money for their plows to begin with.

If you did a quick search for reviews on that spreader you would've easily found that its not the best built one out there, hence the reason for its fairly cheap cost. Use a scotts spreader and put sheet metal screws into the wheels.

Picture 437.jpg

Picture 439.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012