1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hope its not going to snow anymore!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Rangerman, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

We just made the best investment ever, check this out.

racking1.jpg

racking 2.jpg

2. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

THat's pretty wicked, dude.

Do you have a truck for each of those plows? Or are some back-ups?

3. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

Looks great! How fast can all those plows be pulled off the shelf and put back on the trucks? I don't think winter is over yet. They are calling for 5-7" here tomorrow night. :dizzy: :realmad:

4. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

funny I just did the same thing to my shop!

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Wow thats cool, thats nice that you have a forklift and all too.

6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

with that folk lift it wont take long he can have them off the shelves as fast as he can get them on the trucks.

7. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

very nice setup. it wouldn't be easier for you to have just one big salter instead of all those tailgate ones? or do you just do a lot of smaller lots instead of fewer big ones? nice organization, very impressive

i see you have a bedshaper. I love mine, very efficient !

just think, if you had a truck lifted about 3 or 4 feet, you could drive right up to mount the plow

8. yancy

yancy Senior Member

nice way to store the plows and salters looks good

9. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Yes we do have a truck for every plow and one extra a 2001 Dodge if any one is interested, but thanks for the complements even though one was about the fork lift that is our neighbors so we hope it doesn't snow in the middle of the night or we are screwed. The tailgates workout much better for us due to the fact that we send out so many plows and have a lot of 5-6 bag lots. Hey grasmancolumbus do you have any pics and did you secure your racking to the ground or is it free standing.

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

If you dont' mind me asking, how much do those racks go for?

Very impressive organization!

11. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Ditto, wondering the same thing. And also, where can you get them?

12. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

yup thats exactly how our shop looks like. i just dont trust myself to take a plow down with our bobcat i can see bad things happening to a plow when it drops 15 feet to the ground.

13. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

:yow!: thats a hot setup !

14. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

I've seen those pallet racks at Menards but am unsure as to the capacity/cheaper ones?

I also wanted to know if u need to bolt them to the floor?

Also, I noticed the salters are on pallets but the plows are not. Can U not put blades on pallets(don't balance right-too unsecure)?
    I would think the plows would be easier to handle that way. But have never tried it.
    I too have this set-up... in my mind!
    PS: we up in "Yards" neck of the woods and are looking forward to the same snow this weekend! Oh boy.(period)::eek::jester:

15. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

How big is the shop in total? The storage racks are a great idea!

16. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

nothing better then an organized shop hats off:salute:

17. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

That is one smooth set up. How do you get the plows on and off the forklift?

18. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking set up... Use the same style, holds plows and keeps everything in order.
    Up rights ran us about $30.00 The cross beams were $15/20 each.
    Just google pallet racking in your area, see what comes up. We have alot of companies in the Milwaukee area that sell racking.

19. duramaxguy87

duramaxguy87 Junior Member

nice set up, racks save a ton of floor space and allow you to keep everything out of the elements in the off season....

we put my plow and the 2 for the company trucks up in a pallet racks in one of our warehouse's. We use pallets that are 8'x4' and strap the plows down because our racks are 20' up.

20. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Looks like ive got a lot of questions. We paid 334 for the bluish racking and another 100 for the gray but the gray is a much lower cap. we had the salt over there but the rack was starting to bow the rails but the guy that sold us the blue said it was rated for 3500 per shelf. We had thought about the pallets for the plows as well, but we talked to Mid-State Truck Equipment in Fishers and the said they just move their plows with the lift so we narrowed the forks and go right in the center. I dont recommend lifting a Western Ultra-mount due to the headlight brace falling forward what a racket that made. Thanks for all of the support and complements!!! GOOD LUCK in the up coming easy daylight season, cause im done with this 3 am wake up call.