1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hoosier plowers??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by UPS, Oct 5, 2003.

1. UPS

UPS Junior Member

Hello all...I am new here and to the plowing business. Just found the site and think it looks like a wealth of knowledge. I'm in the landscaping/lawn care industry and I'm now trying to supplement my winter income. I was just wondering if there were any other Indiana plowers out there. I know its not a huge plowing state but there is some money to be made out there. I'm in the south central part of the state. Hoping to do some searches on here about pricing plowing, pricing salting, and anything else that new guys need to know.

Thanks and hope to have a good time here!
  2. UPS

UPS Junior Member

Lets bump this up...No one out there plows in Indiana?
  3. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Welcome to Plow Site!!

One important element I see you didn't ask about is Insurance. You want to check with your agent about having the right coverage. One to protect you!! Two many people require you have a GL insurance policy in order to bid their work.

4. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Welcome to Plowsite!

"Lets bump this up...No one out there plows in Indiana?"

FYI- Unfortunately not all of us gets time to check in here every day. So you may need to wait more than 12 hours for responses. I usually give a thread 3-4 days & if I haven't gotten a response by then, I'll put it back to the "top". There are some members from Indiana here, and I'm sure they'll pipe up when they see this. Good luck this season!
  5. UPS

UPS Junior Member

JustUsDe>>Thanks for the reminder....Wrote the insurance guys name down to call tomorrow....Been meaning to do that for weeks....

BRL>>Thanks for the info...Sorry for being impatient...I'm just so excited about plowing this year. I can't wait for some SNOW!! :D