1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hooking up Ultra mount????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by show-n-go, Dec 22, 2009.

1. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

When i try to hook up my ultra mount the plow just slides on my garage floor, the last time i did it i had to get the come-along out to get it hooked up. What do you guy's do to stop the plow from sliding around the garage floor?
  2. kmac

kmac Member

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

did you try adjusting your shoes??
  4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

when you lower the shoes how close are they to the ground when the weight is still on the truck. mabe put a rubber mat down to prevent skidding?
  5. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I don't have shoes on my plow. When i'm taking the plow off the truck it comes right out, then when i go to hook it back up it goes in but not far enough to hook it, When i bump the gas that one more time to get it in there the plow just slides.. I guess a rubber matt is my option. It works fine in my driveway but the garage is to slick and that is where it is being stored.
  6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

he means the shoes on the stand of the ultramount. when you unhook it do you push the shoe down?
  7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Are you taking some tension off the lift chains when you take the plow off?
  8. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Pm me and I can personally show you the tricks. I am in fairfield.
  9. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

No. it only need another 1/2 inch to an inch to lock but the whole thing just slides on the floor.
  10. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Yes, i don't think it would even come off if i didn't. Maybe i should lower them a little after it's off.

Pm sent.
  11. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Thats your problem right there. When dropping the plow, put the controller in float and when you get to the front of the truck, push down on the lift arm before you unlock the plow.
  12. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

I made a dolly with wheels to put the plow on. it has a long piece of angle for the plow and two pads for the shoes to set into. when I remove it I can just pull the plow out by hand and roll it to the other part of the garage and when I want it on I dont have to line up the truck, I just push the plow into the horns and lock it in.
  13. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Ah, I will try that. thank you.

I'd love to make a cart for it i just don't have time to do it this time of year.
  14. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

crash is right, thats the problem, if that doesnt fix it, then one more option

I had a truck with for what ever reason super weak front end suspention. (at least it seemed to me) what the issue was the truck with the plow off, sat much heigher than with the blade on , even when lowered. So after actually pulling up to the truck and looking at it a bit, It was determined that it just wasnt lining up correctly. for a while we would just use a floor jack on the truck. when we removed it, we jacked up the truck 2 inches...and that fixed it. We also put some extra balast in the back , and that seemed to help as well, if we got lazy and didnt use the jack

but 9 out of 10 lowering the cylinder a bit will be your fix. but be careful, the light tower then is kinda free to fall on its own.