1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hooking Up Power Seats

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MikeRi24, Sep 4, 2011.

1. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

My '99 K2500 (OBS) has a non-power bench seat that has seen better days, to say the least. I have located a rather immaculate 60/40 POWER bench seat that I got my hands on. Theres no harness with the seat, just the wires. Can I just run fused power/ground wires to them? or is it more complicated than that? Thanks in advance for the help!

2. chevyman83

chevyman83 Member

I believe that is all you need. I have buckets in mine but the pass seat is not powered. My wife rolled our tahoe in jan which I bought back. My plan is to take the powered and heated seats from the tahoe and install in the k2500. But I also have the complete harness from the tahoe. I will try to look at the harness again tomorrow to see what wires are going into the powered seat

3. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Yeah if you could that would be great! I'm sure the Tahoe has more mower options like up and down, lumbar, and tilt seat back so I wouldnt be surprised if theres a rats nest of wires for those seats.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Power and ground to the seat is all you need. Be sure to include a 15 AMP fuse or circuit breaker in the power wire and power it from a constant hot source.