1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hooking up parkinglight question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by macbe, Jul 9, 2011.

1. macbe

macbe Junior Member

i have the 9pin relay harness.the wires for the parking and turn have bullet ends on them from western.what is the best way to connect them into the trucks turn & parking light system.also on the left side of harness is a purple wire with bullet end.same on right side where would they go.this came off of a 99 f-150 and will put on 2004 f-250.wiring was taken off by mechanic where i traded the truck in.

i appreciate any help,thanks

2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I am not sure if the bullet style plug is used on your vehicle or not. On all of the plow installs I have done I either use scotch connectors or cut the trucks wire and use a butt splice. Put both of the trucks wires in one end of the butt splice and the plow side in the other, this way if you take the harness out you can cut the plow wire and not disturb the trucks wire.

3. macbe

macbe Junior Member

thanks.we got the wiring hooked up sunday.now waiting for the frame to come in.