1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hooking up my snow pusher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DAVE IN BUFFALO, Oct 31, 2003.

DAVE IN BUFFALO Junior Member

I've done a search and couldn't come up with an answer. I have a Pro tech 12 ft snow pusher( sorry if names are not allowed) I attach it to my loader without a problem. I have a chain binder on the ends of the pusher to the bucket of the loader...I have tried all combinations of this...different places on the bucket..different eyes on the pusher...my problem is when I put the loader in the float position, the binders let go and the pusher tips backwards :eek: Sorry if this is a dumb question but....WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????? I'm tired of messing with it today,,so I am home doing the Halloween thing. I'm sure someone can shed some light on this. I have replaced the shoes on my pusher because the shoes on it got worn severly last year because my back hoe did not have a FLOAT position on it. (according to Pro tech) When using a pusher, shouldn't you have the machine in the Float position??? Any help would be appreciated...Thanks in advancepumpkin: HAPPY HALLOWEEN
  2. hyperpack

hyperpack Senior Member

I have a homemade pusher for my loader that pins onto the cutting edge of the bucket and has a solid link that pins to the top of the bucket and to the top of the pusher. This has worked well for several years, I do not have the skis on the bottom just regular steel cutting edges it scrapes much better than the ones with skis.
    I do not put mine in float I set it down level and pick just a little to take some weight off it and put it on the front of the loader and give more traction. It has some play in the mounting pins so it can follow the terrain a little, I have 4 years on the 3/4"X 8" cutting edge with only about 1 1/2" wear plowing paved lots.
    I don't know how the factory pushers mount but it seems like there should be some sort of link to the top of the bucket.
  3. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

We don't float ours either. We pretty much bring it down until the cutting edge just touches. Also, if you don't have some sort of attachment point on the bucket, like a welded banjo, eyelet plate or d-ring and your just trying to hook it up to the arms or the back of the bucket with the grab link, then it's just going to fall off. You really need a banjo plate. If you go to weld a plate or a d-ring with the box in operation position, that chain needs to be as parallel to the ground as possible. Before you weld it, make sure it is as precise as you can get it.

Good Luck. I hope this helps!