1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hooking up angle cylinders

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dodgedump, Dec 30, 2005.

1. dodgedump

dodgedump Member
    from MASS

I have a meyer plow in need of angle cyliders. After I get the cylinders and hoses how do I hook them up. What other parts do I need as far as electrical and mechanical to get it running. Also whta size cylider do I need. Its a 7.5 Ft plow. I dont know much about the plow model?

2. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

From your post, I am not sure exactly what components you have. The Meyer ST series plows use #05810 1-1/2" x 10" cylinders (1-1/2" piston rod x 10" stroke).

The C-Series use #05437 1-1/2" x 12" cylinders.

Here is the link to the Meyer owners manual that will give you a parts break down http://meyerproducts.com/pdf/MeyerOM.pdf

Here is the link to the Meyer Service Manual that will give you other helpful info http://meyerproducts.com/pdf/1-562 R16 E-57 Shop Manual.pdf

Hope this helps,

Brian

3. rembrandt100

rembrandt100 Member

Dude please do not take any offence with what I have to say. The best thing you could do is put the parts in a box and take them to a repair shop.

Dave

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Order the Millsupply.com catalog.
    It will tell you how to measure and order the angle cylinders.
    Unless your really lucky you need to replace the swivel and hose on one and the swivel and quick connect on the other. You will probably need bolts too since it sounds like it's been a while since they been replaced.Take one side apart at a time and replace the parts just like they came off. I hope you have big wrench's and sockets cause you will need them.
    Just ask questions we will hopefully be able to answer them!

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You don't need any catalog.
    Just go to your local plow parts store and get new ones, as there only a couple to chose from. Just bring your old one along as a reference and tell the salesman what you need ( angel rams for a Mayer) and you will get the right rams for your plow.

It is not that hard to put a plow together, you can do it your self.
    Just ask some Q's here and some one will be glade to help:waving:

6. bank32

bank32 Member

Could not said it better. It is that easy. Also replace the bolts if they look worn.

7. MickiRig1

You don't go to the dealership to buy all the parts for your truck why go to Meyer etc for all your replacement parts?
    I suggest getting the Millsupply.com catalog because they save you major dollars on stuff. Lets see $71 for my angle rams vers $130 I was quoted for official Meyer rams. Trip springs $8.50 vers $13.50 -->Meyer. They are only a 1/2 hour drive from me so I have no shipping charges.
    As far as angle cylinder bolts go look at them very carefully for cracks.
    They should be grade 8 bolts,they will crack or just break from stress unlike lesser grades that will bend.

8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Who said any thing about going to the MEYER dealer? I said parts store.
    Aspen equipment, Northern tool, Napa, some truck stops, and some others places carry plow parts too. And you don't need to sit around and Wait for the delivery truck to being your parts two days latter if your lucky.
    I agree some times you can find good parts some where else and some times you need to get the part from the dealer.
    As for the bolts don't be a cheep skate, just get some new ones .

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  9. rembrandt100

rembrandt100 Member

You do not even have to use meyer rams if you do not want to. You only need to know the lenght of the rams and the bolt hole sizes that are on there now.

Dave

10. dodgedump

dodgedump Member
    from MASS

Ok Thanks for the help. I actualy picked up another meyer plow yesterday that looks heavy duty. It has 3 big springs and the cutting edge is welded on. It included the lift piston and the angle cylinders. My question is this. I have a dump on the truck now and a PTO I pull the PTO out and the dump switch controls the up/down for the plow and when I push the PTO knob in it controls the up/down on the dump. The pump doesnt look like a plow pump though. There is a block where the up/down solenoid is screwed into the side and an angle hose at the top of the block that goes into the PTO. There is also a plug on the top that looks like it is just blocking the hole and there is another large acorn cap screw over the top of the block. There is also a plug in the side that can come out below the A solenoid. I have no clue where to put the C solenoid for angling. I assume I put it in the side under the A solenoid. On the top of the block what should I do with the 2 holes? I am thinking that the 2 holes are for each angle cylinder but one has the acorn screw cap and the other is a plug closing the hole. I am pretty sure that neither is for the fluid. Thanks

11. dodgedump

dodgedump Member
    from MASS

Just found out that the plow I picked up was a fisher plow. Looks heavy duty with 3 springs. Now is there a way to hook my Dump pump up to control my pow. Can I get a block that goes in from the dump pump. Then hook up the solenoids to control up and down( A solenoid) and left/right (C solenoid)? Then go one line to the pump and the other two to the angle cylinders. Is this what an angle block does?? Thanks

12. MickiRig1

Try posting it in the Truck & Equipment Repair section (with pictures if you can)
    Someone should be able to help you.

13. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

NEED PICS OF THE VALVE BODY DODGE MAN .POSSIBLE HELP HERE,SEND TO DHOGHEADDOG@AOL.COM I WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO.

14. dodgedump

dodgedump Member
    from MASS

Thanks guys Ill post a pic of everything later today. Mike

15. dodgedump

dodgedump Member
    from MASS