1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hooking Up A Fisher Minute Mount 2 In Under 1 Minute Video

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mercer_me, Feb 1, 2011.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I took this video of me hooking up my 7.5' Fisher SD MM2 plow to my 2010 Toyota Tundra. It took me just less than a minute to hook it up. For all you guys that have a hard time hooking up your MM2 you should wach this video to se how it's done. This video was taken in my garage so the floor was level.

Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ4FGTKXmVU to wach the video.

(I know Fisher V Man has a video just like this one. But, I figured I would make my owne to also.)

2. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

Good video! They go on nice and easy when you have it on a nice flat surface.It can get a little more tricky on soft surfaces.I can put mine on easily in less than a minute as long as I get it on straight.I think it is a very good system.

3. mercer_me

I left mine out side on time and it went on wicked hard. After that it's allways stayed in the garage. Like you said as long as it's level it's a great mounting system.

4. Ibuildmyown

Ibuildmyown Junior Member

45 mins a floor jack and 2 smashed fingers last night i finally got my mm1 on. I dont have a hard level surface to drop it so when i took it off it sunk it the snow just enough to make it a real pain in the you know whats.

5. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

When I had my old MM1, I didn't have a garage to put it in so I set it on sheet of plywood.It made it a lot easier to put on.

6. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Hardest time I have is to line up straight to hit the mount :)
    catwalk with a spotter!

7. mercer_me

I have to get out and check the alignment when I get close to the plow. I can never just drive rite into it.

8. Ibuildmyown

Ibuildmyown Junior Member

That part i have down i use the body line in the center of my hood as a sight and line it up with the center of the top plate.

9. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

If I hook the plow alone people must think I can't drive! Takes me sometimes 5-6 times to get her on....

10. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

thats what i have to do also but is nice when you put it on in a garage like yours becasue it keeps the electrical plugs warm sometimes mine get frozen if it's real cold and i have to dump hot water on them.

11. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

This exactly how I align my truck to the plow! It works 95% off the time.

12. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Took you 1 min 8 seconds not under a min and you obviosly had just dropped and back up 2 inches. And as other pointed out you were on dry even surface. i could make a video of me putting mine on. But I never line up straight and I just muscle the plow around to get it even. It is sitting on a concrete slab so it slids easy and then reach over and jamm up the head gear.

13. mercer_me

You should put electrical grease on them. They slide rite on when you put electrical grease on them. I need to put some more on mine.

From the time I put my hand on the handle to the time I got the last plug plugged in was 57 seconds. I did have it all lined up but, I was putting it on for the first time. The plow had bean off my truck for over a weak before this. Alot of times I have to push the blade a little bit to get the pins to line up. But, that only adds a few seconds to my time.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's a wicked awesome vid of you hooking up your plow to your truck, guy.

Try hooking up an 8.5 XV on gravel some time. It's extra fun when the gravel thawed and re-froze.

15. mercer_me

I should have said my Dad's plow and my Dad's truck.

A peice of ply wood will take care of that plow sinking into the ground.

16. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

These videos are fun; and one shouldn't take them too seriously. I have had alot of comments on the one we made; and it amazed me that people like to time it; and then say "it took you over 30 secs" because they have timed it from the moment I got into the truck; until the actual end of the movie: when I am again; back into the truck after having lifted the plow ?????? The actual amount of time it took for us to just " hook up the plow" from the time we lifted the handle until it is COMPLETELY hooked up is under 30 secs and that was just an out of the box try; with no practice. ................ people that think it can only be done off level cement are also wrong . I think I will make another movie of the plow being tilted at least <<<20-30>>> degrees and us driving in from say at least <<50 ft>> away so that alignment is also involved; outdoors in the mud; and I bet ya I can STILL get it hooked up in less than a minute flat.................... wonder what the "its gotta be perfectly level crowd will say then"??????? I will tell you before I do it ................ something along these lines------> "He couldn't do that again in a million years" "he must have practiced that a thousand times" or "there must be a trick to that" " that footage must be spliced and looks like its been speed-ed up to me" or some other lame brain dribble................ because they cant get the attractive girl; they dont want you to get her either.

There is a trick to it and I am going to show you how in the next movie!

17. mercer_me

I'm looking forward to seing that video that you are going to make. It sounds like a great idea.

18. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Stay tuned Mercer; and I will show ya!
    I can tell ya that It involves some good olde "Yankee Ingenuity". This sorta reminds me of a saying they have in the Masonic Lodge; that kinda referances all this?
    "It shall forever remain the secret; to the unattended"

19. mercer_me

Is it going to be another "check that sh!t out video"? I love it when you saud that. I chuckle ever time I wach that video.

20. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

FisherV, if I could make these videos I would do it too. No heated garage here, no pavement and no level ground where I unhook as I live half way up a mountain. It's not rocket science, really..........