1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hooking up a BOSS spreader

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by phishoook, Dec 9, 2011.

1. phishoook

phishoook Member

In the spring I took the wiring harness off a Chev, and now I'm trying to get it put on a Ford.
    On the Chev it was wired with a Hot and Ground under the hood, and one wire to a 10a fuse.

But now the ford uses the smaller fuses. I cann't get the line tied into a fuse. Where or how can I get this wire hooked up?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

where are you trying to install the pwr wire??

3. phishoook

phishoook Member

the fuse panel by the passenger foot well. I had NAPA order me an "add a fuse", and it looks like I'll use the fuse for the climate control.

4. dieselss

what year ford....just outta wonder? if you hook it up the the climate control or any other, i would up the amp fuse on the truck side just to be safe, maybe like 5a more or something like that. and hook it up to te pwr side of the fuse, not the supply.

5. phishoook

phishoook Member

6. dieselss

ok,,i thought it was just the tap into the fuse with the metal piece that went around the fuse. what you have is just fine

7. Realdealoo8

Realdealoo8 Member

Dont the f series still have the wires pre ran through the fire wall? I would use one of those fused and connected to the battery as a dedicated line. I hate tapping into lines or using fuses like you are planning. Just more stuff to break at the worse time.