1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hooked up the plow today and no lights

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pvtben121, Nov 17, 2010.

1. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

switched plows from last year now i have a meyer ez MOUNT plus c series blade.
    well the solenoid went bad in the truck so once we got back from napa it was a ok
    until i hit the switch for the lights. nothing. im electrically impaired. i have the nite saber's on it. checked myers website iit says nothing about wires going to the switch just a orange wire. well i have 4 wires going to my switch.
    anyone have a clue we to stick the test light or was my describtion horrible

2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

make sure the pins and conection is good , check the fuse

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Should only be three wires on the switch.

1) Orange wire from light modules
    2) Red 12V keyed ignition wire with fuse holder from the fuse panel.
    3) Black ground wire for the illuminated switch.

Turn the ignition on and flip the plow lamps switch on, use a test light on the rear of the switch to check the orange wire for 12V, should have it. If it doesn't, check the red wire at the switch, if it doesn't have it either, back track down the wire until you find the inline fuse holder and whatever port in the fuse panel it's in and check for 12V at both locations. May find the switch isn't receiving power.

However if you do have power at the switch on the red wire it's likely the switch itself is just defective. Happens quite often.

4. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

thanks for the help

i cleaned all the connections the day i posted but i dont know were the fuse is but i ll check everything else tomorrow

5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

you might have better luck if you post this in the Meyer plow section

6. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

got it

they work thank you guys found the power wire and put it in the middle of the switch