1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hook me up with some cheap bulk salt in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by datank450, Dec 5, 2014.

1. datank450

datank450 Senior Member

I just stocked up on a few ton of salt from cranberry supply and MY GOD, It was expensive. They loaded my 350 and I was weighed at 3.34 tons. My bill for that was like $408. Is that way high for salt? I feel like this is highway robbery and still need to get 10 more ton. Does anybody have any idea of where I can get some better prices near Pittsburgh on salt. I was gonna try and drive down to the coke plant and see if they'll load my 1ton dump, but I'm not sure if they'll load a truck as small as mine. Any ideas?

2. procut

procut Senior Member

Not too familiar with PA prices but in my area that would be about on par for this year.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Check with Cameltow.

4. Lcmains1

Lcmains1 Member

Paying $94/ton delivered in Iowa. That's for 25 ton a time, going for $130-150/ton in small quantities

5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Not a bad price, 150.00 including tax from middle men around here. 125.00 delivered was the going rate for quantity 4 weeks ago.

I have a feeling salt prices will drop next year though.

6. Jet Stream

Jet Stream Junior Member

Our delivered price to Pittsburgh by the truckload at holiday trucking rates is $125 per ton.
    Salt is crazy this year....we're hoping, just like y'all are, that prices get better next year!
    Have you seen our ad on Plowsite yet? We've got salt in stock - bulk, bag and brine. We did NOT
    run out last year. Contact me if I can be of help. Susan, JET STREAM FUELS, 786-566-0195 scromer@jetstreamfuels.com

7. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

Shame on the mess. After a few storms , futures show a 60% increase . Supply and demand .

8. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

That's right on par. Local supply yard is charging 120+ tax. The company I sub for is at 128 if you hadn't locked in your salt yet

9. Totallawncare

Totallawncare Junior Member

Not a bad price for picking up a small load. We are charging $154.00 ton picked up. We got if if you need it. Over 2,000 ton in stock image.jpg

image.jpg