1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hood ornament

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PLOWMAN45, Feb 10, 2009.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i wanna put a mack dog on my hood my i hate to drill has anyone done this ?

2. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Yep. I drilled it. Couldn't rationalize gluing that thing on there.

3. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Could try moulding tape. I would just drill it to make sure it didn't move

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd drill it. I'm pretty sure you don't want that flying up and hitting your windshield if you hit something hard or get in an accident. I'm sure one of those wouldn't take much to go through a windshield since they are pretty heavy.

5. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

If you only glue or tape it down, someone will steal it.

6. Detroitdan

I want to get a small figurine of the Abominable Snow Monster from the Rudolph movie and put it on top of my light tower.

7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Just modify to do this. Then no worries

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XTOLegJQjos&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XTOLegJQjos&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  8. PLOWMAN45

yeah im gonna drill it

9. speedy

speedy Senior Member

Could you build a mount that bolts to the underside of the hood and curls around over the front? Like some 'bug sheilds'?

It must be secured better than just gluing or taping. otherwise some 'yoots' will soon have it.

3/4 size bulldog ornamaents are availabe, they look better on smaller trucks IMHO.

10. Detroitdan

personally I always thought bulldogs belonged on the hood of a Mack truck. What's the old saying, two asses facing each other or something like that?
    Never understood why people love Macks so much. They're okay, but nothing to get excited about. KWs and Petes are a lot cooler IMO, and some big engine choices. In my day it was either a 350 or a 500 Mack, and that's it. Now they have Mercedes too. Give me a KW with a big N-14 in it, or even a C-15 Cat.

11. PLOWMAN45

I will take a mack anyday even an old bmack

12. Detroitdan

yeah, I figured that since you want one on your hood. that's why I decided to pull your chain a little bit;>
    Personally, the most fun truck I ever drove was a 69 Autocar with an 8-71 2 stroke Detroit all turned up. Fast, loud and obnoxious.

13. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Give me a KW with a big N-14 in it, or even a C-15 Cat.

I own and drive a KW quad axle dump for my off season from snow job. It has a 3406E Cat at 455 hp which the predecessor to the C!%. I have to say it has been a pleasure to drive.

14. PLOWMAN45

a friend of mine has autocars and diamond reo's

15. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

HaHa, but did it have a "Quad Box"?