1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hood ajustment

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by drifter79, Oct 23, 2003.

1. drifter79

drifter79 Member
    from pacific

:confused: I have owned my 79 k10 for sixteen years I rebuilt motor, trans, transfer case the works runs great. But what is driving me Crazy is I took the hood off to pull the motor and now the back end will not go down flush with the top of the fenders it fit fine before I took it off I even marked the mounts before I removed it could it be the hood springs sprung? p.s. this is my first time to post to this site have read it for awhile and it is the best site for information I have ever found Thanks for any help. Drifter 79.........

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Sometimes they do that.You could try loosening the hinge to fender bolts and see if it will drop down some.There are also two bolts at the sides of the cowl to set the hood height,maybethey can be adjusted down some.

The springs help open the hood,and don't affect how it closes.

3. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

We had the same problem-the back didn't fit down flush, so it couldn't grab the bolts in the back. It turned out the hinges got warped, so we went to the junk yard and picked up some new ones for 10 bucks. Fits nice and tight now. By the way, the truck is an 80 K20, so it is same body. Just get new hinges. Good Luck:salute:

4. drifter79

drifter79 Member
    from pacific

Thanks I checked the hinges it looks like one is bent I might have bent it when I took my hood off did not want to wait for help so I did by my self heavy sucker. Thanks for the quick help. Drifter 79...