1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Honestly help me with plow selection!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowfighter75, Jan 15, 2011.

1. snowfighter75

snowfighter75 Senior Member

OK here is the deal! I have been plowing for the past 4 years with my Snowbear and its getting loose! I'm up to 14 accounts and growing! I have a 03 Dakota 4x4 with a V8 and want to keep the truck [ its a good truck]. I have made money with my set up and now its time to make a new investment! A PLOW!!! Which one do i go for? Most guys around are running Fisher and Boss around my area! Maybe because of dealer locations! I want a plow to do light commercial work that i can use on my Dakota! Please be honest and give me a hand with selection! Thanks and happy plowing!!
  2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher SD, HT, or Boss Sport Duty.
  3. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

my first advice is to stay away from the homesteader if your a growing business, your going to need a more capable plow. like stik said, the fisher ht, sd and boss sport duty are all good plows for the application. i personally would take the SD over the other 2 because i like the chain lift rather than direct hydraulic lift. but its personal preference. check em out and get back to us.
  4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Dealer Support is Key.....You will get people saying Boss is the Greatest Thing since sliced Bread...

Then you will have people saying Fisher, Western, Meyers,Blizzard, Northman,Curtis, Hiniker, Etc are the Cats Meow....

Ask around. Find a Good dealer thats gonna back up what they sell and go for it....:salute:
  5. snowfighter75

Thanks guys! I'm not sure on the chain or cylinder lift system! I want a good solid plow frame for sure! And I am leaning towards a poly which i never thought I'd do. I'm leaning towards the Boss Sport Duty for dealer location for sure. Any other input????
  6. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

have you given any thought's about a v-plow? I run Boss v-plows and have had 0 problems with them.
  7. snowfighter75

I want a straight blade. Its the best app for what i do! thanks! Any thoughts on the Snow Dogg m75?
  8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

get a Boss......
  9. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

snow doggs arent bad plows at all, ive heard great things about them. they are stainless im sure you know and are a LOT cheaper over a boss or a fisher. i would say check out your local stealerships and see what they can do for you and see what kind of service they offer. like the fisher sd, the snowdogg has the chain lift which i find to be an advantage because you will be able to stack higher and if the hydraulics fail you could pull the plow into a snowbank and short chain it, cant do that with direct lift. again its personal preference. let us know what you decide, they all have there advantages and dis advantages, sometimes its best to just pick a color lol.
  10. D&E

D&E Senior Member

Dealer support is key. All of the plows out there by the major manufacturers are good. I've personally got a Boss on my truck. The main reason is that the Boss dealer around me is open 24/7 during storms, which is great.

I like what clp says. Pick a color. :laughing:
  11. clp94

clp94 Member
    from S.E MA

unfortunately its a 6,000 dollar colorThumbs Up