1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Honda TRX200 project. Potential waste of time

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by affekonig, Nov 10, 2010.

1. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

This is what I ended up with when I had some time and parts to spare. I started with the '90Honda TRX200 2wd quad that's in beautiful condition and never gets used, an old Craftsman tractor plow and a Harbor Freight winch, put the three together and came up with this:

IMG00006-20101026-1929 by affekonig2000, on Flickr

The plow wasn't going to be big enough angled to cover the width of the quad, so I actually spent money buying the sheet metal and flat bar to make some extentions:

IMG00015-20101031-1128 by affekonig2000, on Flickr

IMG00016-20101031-1128 by affekonig2000, on Flickr

I think for the little snow we get here and the little use it'll get that it will stay together fine and maybe even be fun. I added 10" to the 42" blade for a 52" total. It's 2wd, but I have some tractor chains and room in the trunk for weight, so we'll see how it does. I'll get some better pics one of these days.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

fricken awesome buggy i remember wandering the showroom as a kid, they were affordable back then hahaha

with chains you'll have a blast, i plow in 2wd for the challenge and i want to prolong my work hahaha
  3. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Thanks. Yeah, these things are seriously goofy looking and this one is in really nice shape. I bought it to goof around at a coworker's property, rode it maybe twice 6 months ago and it's spent most of its time in garage since. It should be a good time in the winter, plow or no plow...

IMG00017-20101031-1129 by affekonig2000, on Flickr
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

weight and chains will due you wonder's.

here's a Pic of my back up unit last year,

with weight and chains I was good up to 6" of snow after that I had to have something bigger to get the job done but it was fun in the small stuff.
    have fun and enjoy them old honda's.

5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I used it to plow the driveway yesterday and it worked great! It was so much fun that I ended up doing the edge of the street and a few other things around my house. I'll get some pics one of these days. Have fun out there