1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Honda snowblower question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MLB, Jan 15, 2003.

1. MLB

MLB Senior Member

would a new Honda HS621 be more/less desirable than the newer, smaller 521??
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

As far as I know they dont make the 621 anymore, if you can find one it works great, I have 2 of them.They are bit heavy, the 520 may be lighter and thats a plus, I would think both will have enough power.
  3. fordman

fordman Senior Member

The 520 is a nice little unit. It has plenty of power and like Dino said, and it's fairly light which is nice if you're always lifting it in and out of your truck. I guess you saw the 621 at a dealer because it's not on Honda's website anymore.
  4. MLB

MLB Senior Member

on ebay

actually. So the 621 isn't more "commercial" (heavy duty) than the 5 ??? I'm a big guy so the weight isn't a problem.
  5. fordman

fordman Senior Member

As far as I know the 621 isn't anymore commercial then the 520, just a little bit bigger. However they are both very good machines.
  6. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

I have a 520 and love it. Light enough for one man to load & unload but has plenty of power. Have had it in service for 3 years and it has been great. I do all res. work so it gets plenty of hours. You can't go wrong with the 520.

7. MLB

MLB Senior Member

Thanks guys!