1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Honda Snow blower HS520C

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by JohnA, Oct 17, 2007.

1. JohnA

JohnA Junior Member

I would like to know if anyone has a Honda Snow Blower HS520C and what you think of it? I am a homeowner and would like to have one for my driveway and sidewalk, I am 62 and live in Northwest Ohio 30 miles West of Toledo. I don't want to spend a arm and leg for one. But I want a very good Snow Blower for my money.

What other brands and Models do you recommend?: confused:
  2. JohnA

JohnA Junior Member

Did I do something wrong, could it be "Honda," I was hoping that someone could help me here?

I was told that Honda was the best on the market. I am really looking for a small snow blower to clean off my driveway and sidewalk. I also was told that the paddle ones are very nice cleaning all the snow off and you do not have to shovel any snow.

I would really like to hear your comments on this and different makes. :help: :help: :help:
  3. GrtArtiste

GrtArtiste Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

There's nothing wrong with the Honda. You may find a Toro single stage just as good and not as expensive. I purchased my Toro 726 from the Andersons Mower Center in Maumee 3 years ago and like it very much. A Toro model similar to the Honda would be the CCR 2450 or the Power Clear 221. Check them out if you can, just to compare.

4. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I have one of those honda's with electric start which I dont need because it starts everytime. 87lbs 160cc 4 stroke,, it wont throw much over 10" of snow in a single shot
    so during a blizzard you need to break it up into 2 try's.
    wet snow Id go 3
  5. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

it's gotta be good if it's a honda

we have a few honda motors and they are GREAT, the last water pump we bought was a yamaha it seems to bee agood one also (and yea i know it's not a blower)