1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Honda HS724 help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Nitsuj, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Nitsuj

Nitsuj Junior Member

I wasn't sure which section of the forum to put this in, so I'm sticking it here. I hope that's ok.

So here's my deal: I was given a nearly new Honda HS724 snow blower. It's a nice machine, runs great, hardly a mark on it. It was used for one light season, then it was taken in for repair. While in for repair, the repair shop went out of business. The previous owner was able to get the machine back, but when he did, it was missing the augers, impeller and gearbox. The new parts from Honda to replace those are prohibitively expensive, like, more than a new blower. So I guess I'm here asking for ideas. Does anyone know of a "snow blower junk yard" or anyplace where I could get parts for this thing without getting a second mortgage? I figure there has to be one somewhere with a blown engine or bad drive I could get for parts, but I've been searching for quite some time and haven't found anything. I figured I'd throw it out there for you guys to offer advice.

Worst case scenario, I buy a junk thrower that's similar, and adapt it parts to work. Haven't had luck with that either though.

2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Unfortunately, yeah, Honda is horribly expensive. Best blowers money can buy, though. I doubt you'll find many with blown engines, they do make the best utility engines on the planet. Even if one blew, owner would surely spend the $100-$150 and slap on a china-honda-clone engine.

I have a Honda water pump, and loaned it to somebody who managed to burn it in a fire. I checked OEM parts and parts I needed would come to something crazy, like $2500. $100 for a chinese engine provided all the parts I needed for it.

Try parting out what is left of it. Probably a gold mine there, might come close or cover a whole replacement honda blower. You might also try to see if there are any chinese snowblowers that may have matching parts to the honda.