1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Honda HS720CC Snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RONK, Feb 17, 2014.

1. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

Does anyone have an idea if Honda will be bringing in this snowblower to the U.S. next season?It's a single stage,geared to the commercial user.I think one of the guys here mentioned it once.Thanks.

2. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

No idea. But here is the specs if anyone is interested

Manufacturer:*Honda Power Equipment
    Model:*HS720CCEngine
    Engine TypeGS190 4-stroke; OHC; single cylinder
    Engine ManufacturerHonda
    Engine Displacement187 cc (11.4 CID)
    GeneralWidth53.0 cm (20.9 in.)
    StartingRecoilMax Discharge10 m (32.8 ft.)
    Drive TypeAuger assistWheel Size17.8 cm (7.0 in.)
    Weight38.0 kg (83.8 lb.)
    Fuel Capacity1.1 L (37.2 fl. Imp. oz.)

3. TheHammer

TheHammer Junior Member

Yes it is coming this year! We were told by Honda Power equipment to sell off all remaining HS520's to make way for the 7 series. Honda is sold out of all standard models and only a handful of Elec starts still warehoused they are still trying to sell dealers. Same price point as the HS520's. Thumbs Up

These snowblowers are still price protected and you need to add it to the shopping cart to see the final price.

Shameless plug for my dealership begins now-----

www.hondaofcroftonpower.com

4. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks guys.TheHammer any idea when it will be released?

5. TheHammer

TheHammer Junior Member

April 1st. That is typically when we place our stocking order for the year. They should be available for shipping immediately after order since they are already in the warehouse's.

Shoot me a PM around that time and I can give you an update.

6. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

Thank you.

7. TheHammer

TheHammer Junior Member

HS720's are instock

I know a few of you guys wanted me to keep you updated on the arrival of these Honda blowers. I attached a few photos.

HS720AMA retail $699.00 To Plowsite members $599.00
    HS720AA retail $749.00 " " $649.00
    HS720ASA retail $799.00 " " $699.00

I can ship it to you or you can pickup in store. www.hondaofcroftonpower.com

hs724.jpg

hs7341.jpg

8. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

holy crap 83 lbs back breaker

9. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks for the post.Between the HS720AMA and the HS720AA which do you like better and why?Any idea,other than weight,how they would compare to the Toro Commercial single stage?Thanks again.

10. rbljack

rbljack Member
    from Texas

Bringing this one back up. Im here in texas and we don't get a LOT of snow like up north, but having a snow blower might be worthwhile for driveways and sidewalks IF we get decent snow this year.

Ive been reading up on the Honda Single stage, and the Toro's. If the Honda snow throwers are anything like the Honda Commercial grade mower I use, than quality should be up there.

Just curious to know how well these units work (keeping in mind that im in Texas, and will deal with a lot of slushy snow, but not real heavy accumulations typically.

Looking for inputs...thanks!

11. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Your conditions would not be ideal for these blowers. Yesterday here in Madison, WI we had 1.5" of snow, the account I do had salt on the sidewalks from an event a few days ago and made the snow that fell wetter than if no salt was down. So when you have small wet accumulations the chute plugs easily. So you have to constantly back up, let the snow fall out of the chute and then resume blowing. It likes to have a descent amount of snow to blow out when it's wet. If the accumulation is light but dry and fluffy it will blow it out no problem.
    I should have just shoveled but the walks are too long. Backing the blower off every 20' is still better than shoveling IMO.

12. rbljack

rbljack Member
    from Texas

Well....last year we didn't see much snow, so I didn't regret NOT buying one...until now. Predictions are that we will see anywhere from 4 to 12 inches of snow in the next day or so. Ive had multiple calls from customers asking if I will do any snow and ice management this year. I guess I should have bought a unit. SO...Im bringing this one back to the top to get inputs on the 720s. Ive been doing searches and looking for reviews, so lets hear what you think about the Honda hs720 series....thanks!

13. FourDiamond

FourDiamond Senior Member

Great machine, a little heavy to be throwing on and off the side a pickup. But it will throw snow all day, even the slush and junk let by the plow at the end of the driveway or side of the curb. Only problem we have is the chute cable, be sure at the end of each year to remove it from the machine and apply wd-40 or a similar lube to it otherwise it will seize up. If you get any snow today, it will be more that we have seen all season.

14. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I have a 520, the next older from the 720, buy it. I love mine, will be buying two new ones to put in trucks so I can remove sidewalk crew.

15. rbljack

rbljack Member
    from Texas

thanks 4diamond, and beanz, I haven't seen as much talk on the Honda's vs the toro's. Most guys swear by the toro's...and they look pretty good too. I just know from my lawn care business that Honda makes a great commericial mower, so I was curious if these 720's match the commercial quality for snow removal. We have had the strangest weather in the last 24 hours. A tornado tore up dallas, while we were getting severe thunderstorms, rain and high winds here. Then 3 hours later it transistioned to snow....AND thunder! I have never seen snow falling, accumulating on the ground while listening to thunder?? Now, today we have had sleet and snow off and on all day, but its only a few inches so far. More expecting this evening. I made a point to drive around today, and nobody is doing any snow/ice management in town yet. Im going out later again tonight to do some more recon.....LOL

16. FourDiamond

FourDiamond Senior Member

We still have a few Toro CCR1000s and CCR2000s they are really light, but they won't throw snow like the Honda.

17. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Used to have toro, I prefer Hondas as no mixing gas. Btw these Hondas really only like ngk plugs, so when it comes to be time to replace the plug get an ngk, I tried an autolite and it ran like crap, ngk purred like a kitten.