1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Honda 5HP Starting problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by GSORK, Feb 13, 2007.

1. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

I have a Honda 5 hp snow blower 2 Stage. I't doesn't seem to start easy anymore.Today i could not start it until I sprayed a little carb cleaner down the carb. I like to have it around if I need to do light clean up since my tractor has a 6 ft Meyer
    Last year I was having a hard time starting so I was trying to clean out the carb with sea-foam running through the system. I have never worked on a carb.
    How hard is it to rebuild these carbs. Any help ,info,would be great.
    Thanks

2. 3vforme

3vforme Junior Member
    from CT

I would just get a new carb. for it. And always use fuel stabilizer.

3. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Vary easy to rebuild. Don't buy a new carb. You can remove ,clean, install rebuild kit and install back on blower in less than an hour and spend about $20 in parts and cleaner.

4. keitha

keitha Senior Member

5. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Unless its a 10 year old motor theres prolly nothing wore out in the carb.If it has set with stale gas in it for a year the carb is prolly just gummed up.Have one apart a work right now.Soaking the carb in carb cleaner over night.The gas tank on this motor is full of crud to.Most have a filter in the tank,check it to.