1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Honda 520 Single stage vs. Toro 221 - 421 Quick shoot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Exact Services, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Exact Services

Exact Services Senior Member

I'm toying with buying the Honda HS520 primarily because it is dramatically quieter than either of my Toros 221Q and 421Q. The perfect option for late nights or very early morning driveway clearing. Nearly all of my customers are seniors with less than the best hearing but maybe their neighbors will get peeved. I've never had any complaints from last season but that doesn't mean people didn't get peeved. :realmad:

A favorable public relations image and is important to me. :angel:

What is the productivity difference between the Honda HS520 vs. the late model Toros? My Toros may have the edge with the quick shoot however the Quick shoot cables did freeze up on me twice last year causing a slight productivity handicap. :rolleyes:

This thread is a great candidate for the new snow blower sub-forum. :nod:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  2. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I have that one with the electric start, I don't even need the electric start because its running in 1 or 2 pulls.
    picked it up at Depot for less then 400 in the summer as a left over, I could not pass up the price.
    its pretty good up to 6-8 inched of wet stuff.

3. Exact Services

$400 is a smoking deal.:eek:
    Best deal I can find is $599 with free shipping plus $16 for shipping insurance.

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I paid like $600 for mine.
    it sat for almost 2 years (it simply didn't snow, talk about frustrating)

finally last March we got a couple good storms.

started first pull (2 year old gas, mind you, man I love Hondas)

works super.

I have an older 2 stage Honda (early 90's) that still runs great.
    It would have started on the first pull today after sitting all summer.

If I had remembered to turn the gas on. :help:

after that it started right up.

5. Exact Services

Just ordered out a Honda HS520 for $599.99 if it works out I might let go of one of my Toros. I'll post reviews and comparisons of them after we get decent snow.
    :waving:

6. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Exact Sent you a PM