1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Honda 2 stage worth the $$$$??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by All Trades, Oct 19, 2003.

1. All Trades

All Trades Junior Member
    from Iowa

I am looking for a 2 stage blower. Are Hondas worth the price??? How does the track drive perform? Better than tires? My other choice would be John Deere or Toro. Probably a 28" width.

Thanks for your input!!! Lots of good info here!!!!

2. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

Try turning that track drive Honda a few times & you will have your answer.

IMO the best 2 stages are the MTD lines. They are lighter & can be tossed around w/out much effort. The Toros are too heavy & tend to ride up.
  3. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

MTD are ok for the money, but they are not commercial machines. Craftsmen are made by MTD as well.
  4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

having owned a tracked honda I will tell you one thing, in downpressure mode nothing stops them... not even the asphalt patch I found in the neighbors driveway :eek: the only downfall is that they are heavy.
  5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Big Nate is correct, nothing will stop them, they are a great machine all I can say though is if you have to turn or back up alot look for something else because they don't do either very fast.