1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

homesteder

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by rfed32, Nov 11, 2005.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

just wondering how the homesteader holds up...my problems im lookin at doing 40+ driveways with a s10 pick-up 1996 and the blizzard is lookin heavy duty to me...just some questions

2. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

40 + drveways!!!!! and your looking at a homeowner plow! you got to be nuts!:rolleyes: If you get away with it without breaking all the power to you:drinkup: I personally wouldn't want to breakdown then piss off those forty clients-Spend the extra grand and go HD--It will pay for itself in a storm or two!:redbounce

3. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

In otherwords, would the homestead work? Proboly. Would it hold up very well? Proboly not. Those plows are designed as homeowner plows, for someones own driveway. If your looking at gettin a new plow, I'd just get a regular duty one from one of the major brands. I see some newer s-10s around here with plows on them and they seem to handle it alrite. I'm sure if you took it easy you could make a homesteader work but if I were you and buying new, I'd get a regular duty. Any snoway dealers near you ? They have lighweight regular duty plows.

4. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

I'd go with a Curtis home-pro before a Suburbanite/Homesteader. I have a friend with a Meyer TMP6.5 and it works great too. He does drives and an apartment complex. You'll still probably need to crank up the torsion bars cause he had to with the TMP and it's around 400 lbs. With that many drives you'll need something heavier than homeowner duty...

5. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

I'd go with a Curtis home-pro before a Suburbanite/Homesteader. I have a friend with a Meyer TMP6.5 on his S-10 and it works great too. He does drives and an apartment complex. You'll still probably need to crank up the torsion bars cause he had to with the TMP and it's around 400 lbs. With that many drives you'll need something heavier than homeowner duty...