1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

homesteder help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rick4wd, Nov 14, 2009.

1. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

how do you use the hydralic lock down feature with joystick
  2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I think your referring to "float mode".?.?.? From what I gather it's the same as the other fisher plows, if you lower the blade and immediately release the control it will stay in that position, not lowering or raising to the contour of the land (not floating). However, if you hold the control in the down position a second longer after the plow lowers all the way it will then be in "float mode" raising and lowering to the contour of the land.

I think there is a typo in Fisher's paperwork however, the Homesteader has a different setup as it isn't a chain lift operated plow, rather a single lift ram. I wouldn't think it would have a "float" mode....

Owners manual http://fisherplows.com/pdf/48593.00_081509.pdf

But yet......

Hopefully this helped, but maybe this is better answered by an actual experienced Homesteader user....

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Why's that? Every cylinder lifted plow out there has float capability.

The purpose of the scrape lock on the Homesteaders is just for that reason, since they're so light they tend to be pushed up by any snow load behind the blade and float when back dragging (not at all unlike a chain lifted plow). But unlike a chain lifted plow (since the Homesteader uses a double acting cylinder) you can physically hydraulically lock the blade in whatever height position it is...thus stopping the snow from lifting the blade.

On the Homesteaders any time the plow is NOT in the float position the scrape lock is ON. Drop the plow, then briefly bump the controller to the raise position to turn off the float (just like any other controller) and the scrape lock is on. Easy enough.

Not stepping on your toes Ryan, just educating. :salute:
  4. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

thanks iam new this plow and plowing on my own got 5 pepole to do plus my parking aera at my apartment