1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

homesteder help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rick4wd, Mar 12, 2011.

1. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

i have a fisher homesteder it will not go up down or left right is that the selonid or pump

2. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

can you hear the relay click ? if yes then could be the motor if not then sounds like the relay. check and see if you are getting power to the motor when you try to rase or angle . check grounds and make sure your plugs are clean and full of electrical grease.

3. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

yes i hear it click

4. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

If you have the original Fisher motor and can hear the click, the motor is probably frozen in place.

Sometimes you can warm it but you might want to try some light taps with a hammer to the shell of the motor. This should free up the brushes.

I'm having much better luck with a replacement motor I bought on eBay.

5. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

Pull the motor and clean it. When done rtv around it, it'll keep most of the crud out. I left the bottom with no rtv to let any moisture that collects out, the pump motor doesn't have any form of gasket so it collects salt/sand etc.

6. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

where is the relay for it its not in my trucks relays

7. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

i have since got a new motor and it works good; better then it did when i first had the plow. there are a few neighbors who want me to plow their driveways this winter. Will a homesteder handle this ?