1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

homesteader won't raise

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jofat, Jan 27, 2009.

1. jofat

jofat Junior Member
    from MA

i was plowing and when i would try to raise the plow, it went up very slow and then not at all. i changed the fluid and still the same. left and right are fine if the plow is off the ground but if i drop the blade it wont go left or right although it tries. i can raise the plow by hand and it will stay up for as long as i want but once lowered it won't raise with the controler. the motor makes noise like its trying but nothing. HELP PLEASE!!

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

when you changed the fluid did you clean the screen? if no try that. if yes check for good ground. if good, possible motor is bad.

3. jofat

jofat Junior Member
    from MA

thanks for the reply. the screen and old fluid were spotless. the plow is 13 months old old but i just use it on my driveway so not many hour of use. i cleaned both terminals even though they were spotless too. so the motor will still run if it's bad? and left and right will still work?
    thanks,
    joe

4. no lead

you stated it would angle when up but not down. plow would lift if you helped it but not on its own. the motor will turn forever but not make any power if it is bad. it will turn under no load(up) but not under load(down).

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Hey Kip, wasnt there a problem with the pressure relief backing out on those little plows?

6. no lead

that is a possibility. if you know which is relief, crank it down tight and back it out 1 and 1/2 turns. otherwise you could check pressure on the angle.

7. jofat

jofat Junior Member
    from MA

thanks, i crewed the valve all the way in and out a bit, i tried several diferent positions. no change. cleaned off cables at both ends again too.

8. Crash935

Did you remove the pump when you did the flush and fill?

9. jofat

jofat Junior Member
    from MA

i did because i thought something may have been stuck in it. but everything looked like new.

10. Crash935

There is a o-ring between the pump and the valve block, sounds like its missing or torn.

11. jofat

jofat Junior Member
    from MA

thanks, i'll take a look.