1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homesteader poly cutting edge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by plowbill, Aug 12, 2010.

1. plowbill

plowbill Junior Member

Has anybody used a poly cutting edge on a Homesteader? If so, where can one be purchased? I plow exclusively on grave and find the steel edge cuts in all the time. Thanks!
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You should beable to get one at your local Fisher dealer.
  3. plowbill

plowbill Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I checked with fisher and they don't make one for the Homesteader, but do have one for the light duty. Maybe I can make the LD one fit my plow. Any ideas? Thanks again!
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It depends on the size of you Homesteader becouse I don't think they made the LD in 7' 4" but I think they did make the LD in 6' 9".
  5. yakima

yakima Junior Member
    from maine

I use a Homesteader plow on a gravel driveway. The first season of use, I had the same problem of digging into the gravel. I got the poly plow shoes installed and couldn't believe the difference! It keeps the blade up off the gravel (I think it is raised about 1/2 inch to 1 inch, but they are adjustable), so no digging in and, as a bonus, it us much quieter too. It cost me less than $100 installed.
    Good luck,
  6. plowbill

plowbill Junior Member

Thanks for the advice. Looked up the shoes on the fisher web site and they look like they will help. A lot less expensive than a poly cutting edge. Thank again.
  7. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

i also plow gravel lot and shoes works great

befor shoes i had the trick to just raise the blade a bite for the 2 or 3 frist strom
    then with a good frozen base you can plow like i is ashphalt