1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homesteader plow electric motor problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by joe lavoie, Dec 4, 2007.

1. joe lavoie

joe lavoie Junior Member
    from CT

Hello. I have a two year old homesteader plow on my f150 and since ive bought it the electric motor locks up after sitting for the summer. my warranty is probably up so i was wondering if anyone has had this problem and figured out how to fix it. The motor cant be bad. any help would be apreciated. Thanks.

2. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Have you tried tapping on the motor? It might have a dead spot in it.

3. WayneLaR

WayneLaR Junior Member

I agree with dmjr77, probably some moisture has seeped in over the summer and you have some corrosion. Take it apart, clean it up, reassemble with some sealant and you should be good to go.

4. joe lavoie

joe lavoie Junior Member
    from CT

Thank you both. I tapped on it a few times and it started working. i will also take it apart and clean it out.

5. BHISNOWMAN

BHISNOWMAN Member

I Have This Problem Every 2 Years Also, You Need To Cover The Motor And Pump During The Summer. It Builds Condensation And Then Shorts Out. My Dealer Has Always Replaced It At N/c. You Should Buy A Spare $200.00.