1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homesteader new pump install

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by masshomesteader, Dec 16, 2010.

1. masshomesteader

masshomesteader Junior Member
    from MA

Can anyone tell me how to change the pump motor on my Homesteader? How long does it take to do?
    Thanks

2. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

There are two long bolts on the end of the motor near the electrical connections.

Unplug the plow from power and remove the + and - electric wires.

Loosen both long bolts slowly and together. Once fully loosened, you can slide the motor straight out of the hydraulic pump.

I suggest when you install the new motor, you use some sealant (silicone, etc.) to seal around all mating surfaces and bolt holes.
    The enemy of these motors is moisture that gets in and freezes.

I bought my last replacement on eBay for around $90.00 That was far less than the $200 the Fisher dealer charged for the one before.

3. masshomesteader

masshomesteader Junior Member
    from MA

Thats kinda of what I thought but wasn't sure, thanks.
    I found one for $84 and feel that's a fiar price compared to the $200 Fisher wants.