1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homesteader mounts for Ranger

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by topbiker49, Mar 14, 2007.

1. topbiker49

topbiker49 Junior Member
    from Maine

Homesteader frame mount for Ford Ranger pickup, came off my 99 4x4, and complete wiring harness if I can't use it on my jeep. This is not the complete plow. The mounts alone are around $300.00 from what I hear. This set up is 4 years old and only had personal use. Shipping could be an issue but Greyhound usually delivers anything. Faster and cheaper too. I am hoping to use the wiring harness on a Jeep I just bought 2004 Wrangler but the wiring is probably vehicle specific so I'll probably be selling that too. Figure 50% off retail and shipping.
    Fisher claims I need the #3 and #4 wiring harnesses for my conversion. Anyone got a Jeep with a Homesteader plow and want to sell some of the wiring harness?
    I have seen a lot of threads about down pressure with the Homesteader. Sine I live in Maine, Fisher is just down the road. After talking to the factory techs I discovered you can increase the down force by removing the bolt at the top of the upper ram, pop off the plastic cover and that will reveal a quill screw. By adjusting the screw you can increase the down force. Clockwise increase down force. Go in small increments 1/8 of a turn because too much will interfere with the up and down movement of the plow. I adjusted mine and what a difference. Now I can back drag easily.

2. bobfd43

bobfd43 Junior Member

homesteader frame

Is the homesteader frame the older conventional mount frame? I have a 97 Ford Ranger, do you think it will mount up with minor mods?