1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homesteader Mount Height

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Flipper, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Anyone have an approximate mount height for the Homesteader plows? In other words with the A-frame sitting level how high off the ground are the ends that fit into the truckside mount?

Will probably be putting one on a lifted Jeep and just trying to get an idea of how I may want to lower the mount and how much it may need to come down.

I know the old LD Minute Mounts needed to be about 10" off the ground but have only done a couple Homesteaders.

2. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

Have your plow where you can drive your jeep up to. Position your jeep as if it is where it would be if you were hooked up to it. If you have the plates then put the cups on it and let the whole frame plate assembly hang off the plow. position them level then measure the gap between the frame plate and the frame of your jeep.

We had to do ALOT of custom frame plate work for homesteaders. Moslty on putting a 6'8"homesteader on a 1987 dodge raider (imported by mitsubishi). They don't make frame plates for that suv so we grabbed teh closest ones and ened up welding brakets to it. Then we had to raise the lift cylinder bottom mount. It was hard but worth it.

Good luck with your project.

Mark

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Yeah, I am thinking the same thing. Just drop the whole bracket. The Homesteader assembled is just about 10" off the ground, very close to the old LD MMs.

I am worried about ground clearance when the plow is off. In the summer he might just have to take the mount off.

4. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

Yeah... Thats what i would do if i ran my jeep off road. Just put some sort of grease on the bolts so they don't rust together and then you would have to burn the bolts off. AND DEIFINETLY don't weld the frame plates to the frame.... Worst thing to do to attatch frame plates to your truck.

Good luck

Mark