1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homesteader - How Much Does it Weigh?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Chris-R, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I'm thinking about putting a Homesteader on my 2009 Toyota Tacoma double cab. I've also looked at the little Blizzard, Curtis, and Boss plows but they are all pretty heavy for a little truck, in my opinion. When you add the weight of the undercarriage to the plow and lighttower, they all weigh in the mid 400 pound range or more. I can't find specs on how much the Homesteader weighs including light tower, undercarriage, etc. Therefore, does anyone know how much a Homesteader weighs including light tower, undercarriage, etc.?

2. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

The mount bolts to the front and you would want to leave it on- the nuts have extensions to hold them in place while you tighten as they are in an enclosed area. Don't know how much that part of the system weighs- maybe 20 pounds?

There are two brackets held to the mount by pins (2) and then the plow & frame is one piece. I think the weight of the plow and brackets is around 225 pounds, if memory serves correctly.

Around 250 pounds overall.

I have one on my '06 Tacoma and it is no problem for the truck to handle.

3. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Thanks for the help. It sounds like it is quite a bit lighter than the other small truck plows.

4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

you should be able to look it up online fairly easy but what he said
    sounds right.

5. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

6. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

250# for the 6'8" is what's listed for the homesteader. Got one on my 06 Tacoma too, my springs weren't too happy with the extra weight though.