1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homesteader 7'6" to speedcast 7'6"

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 04Silverado, Dec 6, 2012.

1. 04Silverado

04Silverado Junior Member
    from Maine

I have a homesteader all metal plow that I took off of a dakota and put on my Silverado 1500. The plow itself is beat too snot but everything else works great! I have seen the old Speedcast plows for sale for $ 200.00 and I was wondering if I could just remove the blade off of my Homesteader and pin and bolt the speedcast blade up too it?

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Noooo, that doesn't work. Totally different headgear & A frame. There is no way around it.

Now...for the good news, and if you're serious about it, I would scoop this up right away. You can buy a new moldboard skin for these plows, they run $500-$600. Here is one I just happen to find on EBay. If you want to source it yourself, the part number is 27719.

I would check out UShip, or call up New Penn to ship it. I think it's too long for UPS...but maybe not.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  3. 04Silverado

from Maine

Almost, the link and part number are not for the model I have. I have an actual 7'6" plow that is all steel, it is the last model homesteader that is all steel. The one linked is plastic. Now I know the head gear and A frame is totally different between the speedcast and homesteader but I was thinking that I could unbolt the actual blade as in the center pin where the plow pivots on and the pistons and bolt the speedcast blade in place of my Homesteader blade. I need to find someone who has the old style and take a bazillion measurements

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

Well then...I thought that was odd. My last reference manual only showed those 2, and I didn't go any deeper into it. Fisher either did away with the reference guides, or changed their names...I can't find the updated ones.

The problem you’re going to run into with the speedcast plows is that they're the old L blade, which has that bracket welded to it. I have all the measurements on the L Blades at my fingertips, what are you looking for?

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

I'm still only seeing the 7.4 & 6.8 in the parts guides, owners manuals, and install guides.....what am I missing?

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Can you post a picture of it? I think I know what they put it under, but it's not by name.

7. 04Silverado

from Maine

I know when I look at Fishers website under the Homesteader line of plows they look nothing like what I have. These new ones are plastic blades with rubber bands. Mine measures 7'6" is completely metal and is probably 8-10" shorter than a regular duty 7'6" plow. They used to put these plows on the 1997-2004 F-150 x-cab, and apparently Dodge Dakota's.

I am looking for the pin diameter and length also spacing between the hydraulic pistons basically all the dimensions of the three attachment points.

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

I remember them...post a pic, I bet I can find it. Where are you in Maine?

9. 04Silverado

from Maine

I am not sure I have any pictures on the computer, will have to take some tomorrow. I am in Monmouth about halfway between Augusta and Lewiston.

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yup, I know where that is. We're having a plow meet in Aubrun sometime this month, you should come along. Check out the Maine thread when you have a minute.

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

Here is a link to a plow rehab that I did, take a look at the before pics half way down...is yours in about the same condition now?

12. 04Silverado

from Maine

Ha ! I wish mine were in that good of condition. Mine is tweeked in and down on the drivers side ( caught a stump ) If I am available I will drop by the plow meet in Auburn.

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Ohhhh, one of those! Post me up a pic when you can. I'll see what I can do.