1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homesteader 7'4" on a Chevy 2500HD

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rdenofio, Aug 28, 2009.

1. rdenofio

rdenofio Junior Member

Hi, new to the forum and I am wondering if anyone has ever, or knows if it is possible to mount a Homesteader plow on a 2500HD? I had the plow on my F-150, and traded the F-150 in on a 2500HD because I needed more truck to tow my RV. I would really like to continue using my plow if possible. If not I will try and sell it and look for another setup but I hate to lose money on a two year old plow setup.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not a good idea for two reasons.

1) There is no homesteader mount for a 3/4 ton truck. Why? 2) Because the plow is way way too light duty for a truck of that weight.

3. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Well atleast the Chevy will only sag 5'' with that light of a blade on it :p!

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Am I going to have to come down there............?

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think you will lose much. There aren't many of those plows out there, so the price stays up. On the other hand, you're probably going to want an 8' HD (if you stay with Fisher) for your 2500. Hundreds for sale, keeps the price down. Prices will start going up soon, so shop now.

6. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Haha. Its just a joke. I mean trust me, Id take a Chevy over a Toyota anyday....

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's time to put down the Ritalin and step away from the keyboard. :rolleyes:

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not much choice, the Homesteader will not survive on the 2500HD.:nono: The F-150 is a popular truck so it should be fairly easy to sell. Then as 2COR517 commented you could get a good used plow for the HD. I think you would find the 7'6" blade would be a deficit, you need at least 8 foot blade on that truck for good performance, if you could find a good used 8.5 Snoway 32 series and a set of timbrens you'd be fat city. The wider the blade the less of your elbow is in the bushes.:nod:

2COR517 isn't that a rapper?:confused:

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Mr. Basher Sir, (respecting my elders)

If you would kindly re-read my post, you will see that I in fact did suggest an 8 foot HD plow for the 2500.

Respectfully, Palmer

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Dear Palmer;

I am well aware of your recommendation and apologize for failing to provide the level of explanation required to state my thoughts clearly. I was in fact referring to his existing homesteader which in retrospect actually a 7' 4" and not entirely suitable for the F-150. I will try to remember in the future that the callous youth among us may not truly understand not only the nuances of the English language but the foibles of the human mind and therefore must be spoken to in a specific and didactic manner. Forgive me.

Basher

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Forgiven, for now

12. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

i agree the homesteader will take a beating in front of that truck, and its way to narrow. get an 8'

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The 2500 HD would destroy that plow becouse that plow is to light for that heavy truck.

14. HD-tech-NH

HD-tech-NH Junior Member
    from NH

It would be funny to see.....

15. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh