1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"Homeplow" by Meyer

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by 34pro, Jan 12, 2013.

1. 34pro

34pro Junior Member

Anyone using "Homeplow" by Meyer? any comments on this plow or anyone using it on a 2008 ext. cab Dodge Dakota 4x4
  2. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I think their are better home plows out there better than Myers. Just my 2 cents.
  3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

It's a homeowner plow made for personal use, not commercial.
  4. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

One thing in particular bothers me GREATLY about that unit's configuration; the whole thing hooks onto a single 2" receiver. That is not nearly strong enough. If you touch a curb GENTLY, you'll bend the thing and the plow will hit your bumper. That will end up costing you MORE than what it would cost you to just buy a good plow to begin with.

I would go with a western subabanite with the rubber band trip springs before the meyer, and no, I wouldn't buy one of those either, just saying that they're "less crap". At least the western has two mount points. It is a much more secure configuration.

IMO, don't skimp on the quality of your plow. Its better to put out another $1000 to get something that will actually hold up. Meyer DRIVE PRO looks like a solid "light duty" plow, Western HTS, Arctic SD, etc.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  5. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

6. SD40T2

SD40T2 Member

X2 on not liking the hook up being too weak, and I plow with a '04 dakota and it plows just fine using a 7' plow
  7. jasonv

from kannada

I've pretzelled bigger plow parts with smaller trucks...
  8. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

The Meyer doesn't even let you control the angle of the blade. It flops around on a spring.
  9. jasonv

from kannada

One of their pictures or videos showed a couple of hydraulic lines hooked up to one cylinder (pull/push). Presumably, it is optional to have power angle.
  10. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I've been around an apartment owner who soley used a Suburbanite on an S-10 Blazer. I was impressed with the snow he moved with that little thing.

Blizzard & SnowDogg also make small metal plows you may consider.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  11. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Nope. :waving:
  12. jasonv

from kannada

Oh look

13. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

I have to agree with jasonv on this. If you are going to spend your hard earned cash. Get something that will last you more than a year or two. Because we all know when your neighbors see you have a plow they will want their drives done.
  14. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

$3300 (plus tax) is a lot of money to spend on a home owner plow, like others have stated, I'm not sold on the 2" receiver mount etheir.

For what it costs, that money would pay for many years of snow removal. Just think, Neige charges $300 for the season, divide $3300 by $300 equals 11 years of service.
  15. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

if you only doing your drive the fisher homesteder works good i have one
  16. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

You have a Dakota, even though its not as light duty I'd go with a Fisher SD or HT. The SD can be 7'6'' or 6'9'', the HT is 7'6'' and 414 lbs.
  17. CommercialDiver

CommercialDiver Junior Member

I have one that came with my jeep I just bought, nothing but problems so far, cant get parts looking for solenoid coil. any ideas? Meyer cust. service is terrible thus far
  18. BD1

BD1 Member

Take a look at Snowdogg MD75 if u have a dealer near u
  19. ghstrdr110

ghstrdr110 Junior Member

I like these plows. Snowdogg say that 2000 is the earliest year according to their website. That's a shame. I have a '99 5.2 ext cab 4x4 with offroad and towing packages. Would love to be able to plow myself instead of hiring it out. Might have to call to confirm