1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homeowner plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rayray720, Jan 31, 2005.

1. rayray720

rayray720 Junior Member

Just a quick question. I am researching plows for my 1998 Toyota Tacoma. I called my local Fisher Plow dealer and he said that I can't put a commercial plow on my truck. The only plow I could use would be a Homeowner/residential plow. All I really want to do is driveways but he said all I could do was my own. Can anyone give me some insight into this? The guy on the phone wasn't to friendly so I didn't want to ask anything else of him.
    Thanks,Ray :confused:

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard list a 6'8" (680LT) or a 7'2" (720LT) for that truck. Both are light duty plows.

3. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

4. davink

davink Member

I would also check out Meyer. I know that a lot of people on here are not fond of them. But I had one, and I know a person that has one on the same truck you have. I never had problems with mine.

Also, If you are only doing a a few drives per storm, and you are easy on it, then a "light Duty" plow would be fine. I would stay away from "personal" plows though.

Just my .02 Good luck!!

5. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

The reason why the Fisher dealer was telling you that is because the Fisher Homesteader is not the type of plow that is made for light commercial use, they are made for just doing your driveway.

6. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

most guys running small trucks up here use the smaller Meyer. have'nt heard anyone complain about them. i have a meyer commercial on my 99 f350, has worked very well. :cool: :cool: