1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homemade tools in a pinch..pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TJS, Sep 30, 2013.

1. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Had to swap out the pickup coil and module on my buddies older chevy 2500. It was TBI and the dist. bolt was 14mm, I had 1/2" MAC tools dist. wrench, go figure. I did not have the dist wrench for this on hand. Napa was already closed and did not want chinese junk that just chews up the bolt and bends the tool, which I had but did not want to strip the head on the bolt with this crappy tool.I cut apart a craftsman wrench and found some 3/8" round stock and copied the other ool. I even knurlized too. Took about 45 min. Had to wait till the truck cooled down anyway.

2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I have had yo make a similar tool heated up a wrench then bent it also had a 4.0 explorer that I needed to make a harmonic balancer installer used the old crank bolt and a piece of threaded rod and welded it works great